2019 and beyond...
As we move through 2019 and look toward the future, we are seeing the effects of your generosity and our sustained commitment to our Ethiopian partners.
If you are interested in more information about our summer 2019 serve trip, please fill out the form below the photo on this page.
1. We are funding education/tutors for 70-90 children of former prostitutes. For the mothers, we conducted workshops on hygiene, STD/HIV, post-abortion care and parenting skills. 2018 and 2019 will see an increase in the number of children to whom we will give hope by way of education.
2. For our school partner, Birhan Academy, we've put down 3000 square feet of gravel in order to reduce dust and divert rain water. We also built a 50 foot diameter, shaded concrete pad where the children could gather outdoors. Additionally, your partnership helped us fund three new classrooms which completed construction in late 2018. This is addition to building an 8 stall latrine, installing a 16 spigot water system and building a security fence around the school. Through your generosity, we've helped increase the capacity of the school and the number of students has grown from 450 to approximately 550 over the past couple years.
3. Arukah Global has funded and worked on home repair of nearly 20 dwellings that were occupied primarily by elderly widows or single mothers. As needed, we assisted with medical interventions and the purchasing of new bedding and basic supplies.
4. As an organization, we continue to be a strong supporter of Compassion International and encourage team members to sponsor children in Ethiopia. We have been a catalyst to seeing roughly 150 children sponsored.
5. We are currently in the planning phase of working with our Ethiopian partners to develop curriculum and a center where young boys can be mentored. Single mothers, fatherless children, the spread of HIV, 10% of women becoming prostitutes, corruption, drug and alcohol addiction are closely tied to the lack of healthy male examples for boys on their way to manhood.
2019 will be a year for us to further engage with new and current partners, and explore new initiatives. Please join us!
As a privately funded school, Birhan Academy educates 550 of the most impoverished children in Nazret, Ethiopia. Arukah Global is committed to continued partnership in developing and expand the schools capacity, while supporting the staff and students.
Ellilta - Women at Risk
Eillilta rescues and rehabilitates women (and their children) from prostitution. In the process of healing, the women are taught skills that help generate income for their household. Our "180Kids" fund helps educate and care for the children of these precious women.
Arukah Global partners with city officials, community church/volunteers as we hire/work alongside local laborers doing home repair for widows. This holistic "outreach" helps reconnect these women to their communities and local resources that can help support them.