2020 and beyond...
As we step into 2020 and look toward the future, we are seeing the effects of your generosity and our sustained commitment to our Ethiopian partners.
BELOW IS A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF OUR WORK IN ETHIOPIA.
1. We are funding education/tutors for 80-90 children of former prostitutes in the city of Nazret(AKA, Adama). For the mothers, we conducted workshops on hygiene, STD/HIV, post-abortion care and parenting skills.
2. For our school partner, Birhan Academy, we've put down 3000 square feet of gravel in order to reduce dust and divert rain water. We also built a 50 foot diameter, shaded concrete pad where the children could gather outdoors. Additionally, your partnership helped us fund and build multiple new classrooms. This is in addition to building an 8 stall latrine, installing a 16 spigot water system and building a security fence around the school. Through your generosity, we've helped increase the capacity of the school and the number of students has grown from 450 to almost 600 over the past couple years.
3. Arukah Global has funded and worked on home repair/rebuild of nearly 25 dwellings that were occupied primarily by elderly widows or single mothers. As needed, we assisted with medical interventions and the purchasing of new bedding and basic supplies.
4. As an organization, we continue to be a strong supporter of Compassion International and encourage team members to sponsor children in Ethiopia. We have been a catalyst to seeing roughly 150 children sponsored.
5. We continue to partner and serve with the CDTRC (Child Development Training & Research Center) in various capacities including home repair, providing meals as a means for outreach in the community of Sendafa, and curriculum development.
5. We are currently in the planning phase of working with our Ethiopian partners to develop curriculum and a center where young boys can be mentored. Single mothers, fatherless children, the spread of HIV, 10% of women becoming prostitutes, corruption, drug and alcohol addiction are closely tied to the lack of healthy male examples for boys on their way to manhood.
2020 will be a year for us to further engage with new and current partners, and explore new initiatives. Please join us!
As a privately funded school, Birhan Academy educates 550 of the most impoverished children in Nazret, Ethiopia. Arukah Global is committed to continued partnership in developing and expand the schools capacity, while supporting the staff and students.
Ellilta - Women at Risk
Eillilta rescues and rehabilitates women (and their children) from prostitution. In the process of healing, the women are taught skills that help generate income for their household. Our "180Kids" fund helps educate and care for the children of these precious women.
Arukah Global partners with city officials, community church/volunteers as we hire/work alongside local laborers doing home repair for widows. This holistic "outreach" helps reconnect these women to their communities and local resources that can help support them.